OK, so I think we probably all have a bit of a TBR and I am no different! I am really bad for buying bilks and never getting around to them. There are several Book Challenges that take place throughout the year that help to cut your TBR’s down and I am taking part in a couple of them, including this one.
I thought I would use this one to cut down on the amount of ‘should have read this by now’ and ‘next in series’ books I have on my list. I have initially selected 13 – one ‘new’ book for each month and a re-read. I am not sure of the rules so will double check but may add more to this lust as the year goes on as I am pretty sure that I have forgotten some and also by reading these books, some will trigger another series book to add as well!
The books I have on my list at this time are:
- “Along Came a Spider” by James Patterson – this is a re-read as I try to catch up with the author!
- “Shadow of Night” by Deborah Harkness – I started this a while ago – too long ago to remember it is will start it again. If I finish it, the third of the series will be added to this list!
- “Sepulchre” by Kate Moss – I read the first in the series when it first came out and LOVED it but never got around to reading the second – again I also have the third to add to this list!
- “Northern Lights” by Philip Pullman – I know this is the first in the series but I added this as it is abut time I read it! I currently don’t have the other books in the series.
- “The Girl on the Train” by Paula Hawkins – OK not a series but a books that I should have read by now, especially as it’s exactly the right kind of book for me!
- “Lifeblood” by Gena Showalter – I tried this series out on a whim and loved it and have been meaning to pick up the second, but just never got around to it!
- “Fantastic Beasts and where to find them: Screenplay” by J.K Rowling – I know .. I call myself a Harry Potter fan and I haven’t read this yet. Ugh.
- “The Slaughter Man” by Tony Parsons – Discovered this series last year and loved the first book so immediately bought the second … and did nothing with it!
- “Moon Over Soho” by Ben Aaronovitch – I read the first book a while ago now and the author has since released quite a few more. Can’t decide if I need to re-read the first ..
- “Angelopolis” by Danielle Trussoni – I ADORED the first in the series and bought the second immediately and never read it. I think I probably will read the first book again, mostly as I know I loved it and probably need to remind myself anyway!
- “Running Blind” by Lee Child – I have read quite a few Jack Reacher books but this is one that I never read so it’s about time I read it, especially as I am working my way through them all again!
- “Sins of the Father” by Jeffrey Archer – I’ve always liked him as an author but only discovered this series in 2017 when I heard the first one in Audible with the wonderful Roger Allam. Looking forward to reading this one!
- “Crocodile Tears” by Anthony Horowitz – I made real headway in the series in 2017 and so want to keep the momentum going and get towards the end of the series!
If you are reading this at some point int he future, you may want to take a look at my ‘Beat the Backlist’ Good Reads list to see how different it it ..!
Have you got a massive TBR list that need attention? What theme would you give it or would you just read the ones that have been on there the longest?