I thought I would do a Sunday post each week to sum up the bookish things that I have done in the past week. This will mean that I won’t post Hauls, Wrap-ups and Currently Reading posts separately, but will include those details in this weekly post too. If there is something missing that you would like me to include, do give me a shout!
**Some of the links in this blog are affiliate links**
- Library Book – Whiteout Vol.1 by Greg Rucka & Steve Lieber
- Library Used Book Sale (50p) – Trouble with Lichen by John Wyndham
- FREE eBook – Nomad by Matthew Maher
- 99p eBook – The One by John Marrs
- NetGalley – The Cult on Fog Island by Mariette Lindstein
- Book Tour Advanced Copy – Phi Alpha Pie by Sara Marks
- £8.00 Paperback @ Devon Book Club Event with the Author – The Other Twin by L.V.Hay
- £8.00 Paperback @ Devon Book Club Event with the Author – Among the Olive Groves by Chrissie Parker
- Donated to the Library – Private Games: (Private 3)
- An Argumentation of Historians by Jodi Taylor (Audible)
- The Cult on Fog Island by Mariette Lindstein
Readathons & Challenges:
- Alphabet Soup – UPDATED
Exciting Bookish News:
- They’re making a film of “A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue” by Mackenzie Lee – SQUEEE!! See my Review of the Audiobook here.
- Free Writing Friday’s – This is such a wonderful idea and one I support wholly!
- Audiobooks are good for your mental health – BRILLIANT!
Newly Released Books I want to Read:
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson – 8 May 2018
Upcoming Releases of Note:
Competitions I’ve Entered:
Sales & Good Deals I Know About:
- Amazon May Madness (up to 70% off Kindle books throughout May!)
My Loves of the Week:
- I have done a lot of reading on my Kindle Fire this week – It really is wonderful and I am so glad I spent the money on it at the end of last year!
- This is totally non-bookish (although there have been some books published) but I have been attempting to catchup on the final 3 series of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation – I boycotted it for a long time when Grissom left but after happening upon a couple of episodes on TV the other day, I decided that the time was right and so have been watching a couple of episodes a day and am LOVING IT!
And finally.. a bookish quote of the week..
“Life’s so busy, I don’t think it matters if you’re eight or 80, the world just moves so fast nowadays. I think the most important thing is to give yourself time to read.”