My Name is Emma and I am a Reading Challenge Addict!
I love challenging myself – it’s not because I am competitive but more because I like to have structure and with challenges to follow and come back to when I am stuck, bored or just lazy, it makes things a little easier!
My reading and bookish goals and challenges for 2018 are listed below and include my hopes for this blog and associated accounts as well as the reading I want to do this year. Please bear in mind that this is my first year back reading intentionally, my first proper year of writing a book blog and the year I plan to launch into BookTube videos too!
- Read a total of 52 books. If you were to look at my GoodReads shelf for 2017 you would wonder why I have set this so low – but take a closer look and you may see that a LOT of the ‘books’ were in fact Audio dramas.
- Within that, read 6 Non-Fiction books.
- Within that, read 6 Graphic Novels.
- Within that, read 6 Classics.
- Read a book in a day (must be over 300 pages)
- Complete the Les Misérables Chapter-a-Day Read-along – Intro Post
- Complete the Beat The Backlist Challenge – Intro Post
- Complete the Alphabet Soup Challenge – Intro Post
- Complete the “Deal Me In!” Short Story Challenge 2018 – Intro Post
- Complete the 2018 Review Writing Challenge – Intro Post
- Complete the 365 Commenting Challenge 2018 – Intro Post
- Remove all Audio dramas and other ‘non-books’ from GoodReads and log elsewhere. I want GR to count only the FULL (unabridged) versions of the books that I read, whether in physical or electronic form or as an Audiobook.
- Have a NetGalley rating of over 90%.
- Complete 80% of all challenges throughout the year (annual, monthly, weekly and adhoc)
- Complete all review commitments within 28 days of finishing the book.
- Unhaul 20 books that I have read.
- Spend less than £100 on books during the year (this does not count money given to me in lieu of gifts – this is usually given to me to buy bilks with so that I get what I want!).
- Walk the distance of Sidmouth (where I live) to London (where my brother lives) whilst listening to audiobooks; this is 162 miles in total and should take 54hrs if you did it in one go … however .. I have pretty bad arthritis and am unfit so if I can do this during the year. I will be chuffed!